Sunday, September 15, 2013

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day -- September 2013

It's Garden Bloggers Bloom Day! There aren't a lot of plants flowering right now, everything seems to be powering down. But here's what ongoing in my garden that I haven't already posted about recently.

Penstemon

Cimicifuga? Actaea? I've lost track -- but the bees love it!

Coreopsis 'Red Shift'


Tricyrtis formosa


Cyclamen

Dahlia

Caryopteris x clandonensis

Caryopteris x clandonensis 'Worcester Gold' with a more chartreuse leaf

Agastache 'Acapulco Orange' (I think)

Coreopsis Big Bang Series in the gravel garden


Ornamental Oregano and black Mondo grass

Ornamental Oregano

Aloe glauca

Calendula officinalis (from a Solar Flashback mix, but it looks rather ordinary)

With Coleus 'Marooned'

My new Bougainvillea, bought at WeHop during the Kitsap Peninsula nursery romp

My Abutilon has been pumping out flowers non-stop for the entire spring and summer.

 Are the seedheads of grasses considered flowers? Well, I'm including them here.

Japanese Forest Grass (Hakonechloa macra)

Chasmanthium latifolium in morning light

Big Bluestem (Andropogon gerardii)

'Blonde Ambition' grama grass (Bouteloua gracilis)

Are you participating in Garden Bloggers Bloom Day? It's hosted by Carol Michel at May Dreams Gardens. Check out her post here, and then be sure to check out all the links left by other bloggers around the world too.

12 comments:

  1. The PNW does have fall, doesn't it? Powering down, or just waiting for the shift to fall bloomers? That oregano is interesting and Oh! the Cyclamen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still l lusting for that bougainvillea....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty, I really love the caryopteris this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy GBBD! I was pretty impressed by the Calendula on its own but the combination with the coleus is wonderful! My Coreopsis 'Redshift' had similar coloration to yours 2 months ago but, after the heat turned up here, they turned mostly yellow again with just a small margin of red around the centers - it's an interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An exquisite Dahlia there Alison. I've been eyeing 'Redshift' all summer when I have crossed paths with it. I'm going to try to figure out where I can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. " powering down'? you have loads, happy bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second Linda...powered down? I think not! You've still got beauties blooming for you! I really like Coreopsis 'Red Shift'. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a lot going on in your garden and yes, I do consider grasses as blooming! This is their time of year to shine...I can see why my agastache doesn't survive! It needs a gravel creek bed for good drainage! Yours looks wonderful. gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Blond Ambition is so cool... And the oregano is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Would love to see your garden in person some day....! Just lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning September blooms in your garden!!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.