Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Snowy Pictures

We've had our first snowfall, in fact, it's still coming down. Judging by what I can see on the fence, it's about 3 or 4 inches. Enough to make driving a horror show, considering that it doesn't get plowed or even sanded here on the side streets. I am not a fan of snow. I lived for over 50 years in Massachusetts, where this would be considered little more than a dusting. Driving on it scares the bejesus out of me!

But it is pretty when it first falls on the garden.

I'm sure the Douglas firs have seen it all before.



I'm wondering how long it will take for ice to form on the stream and waterfall.


The shed looks pretty.


The oak tree still has nearly all its leaves.

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you got more than us up here. I was so excited to see it falling today, but then our roads are mostly bare still. I was also wondering about how long til the pond freezes. Have you noticed more birds already? We had some really pretty ones visiting this morning. Stay safe if you have to drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh--it warms my heart to see these snowy garden pics! I hope to get home by dark and see my snowglobe like garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys up north really had it coming down thick! I love all of your beautiful pics that contrast the evergreens with the snow. If you get some icicles on the pond, you'll have to snap some shots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're calling for a blizzard tonight!! I'm loving the snow and as long as we don't get a blizzard, I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow is lovely. We don't see much of it around here in central Mississippi. In fact, it was 80F yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is prettier than fresh fallen snow. Just beautiful. Driving on it is another matter-- not a place for amateurs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take care on those streets, Allison. But for sheer knock-out pretty, your pics say it all. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.