Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, July 16, 2018

In A Vase on Monday

For my vase arrangement this week I had to toss last week's Dahlia 'Totally Tangerine,' but since the plants had produced many more flowers, I simply cut more and used them, along with some tall, dark blue larkspur that I sowed in the cutting garden last spring, which I thought would make a very nice complementary color to them. I also replaced all the withered sweetpeas with loads more, since those plants had produced in abundance after cutting as well.

Even in the extreme heat we've had for the past week, and especially this weekend, where our temps went up into the low 90s, the cutting garden is producing well, but it's on an irrigation schedule, which I'm sure helps.


A nice counterpoint, I think, don 't you?

I still have Eryngium 'Blue Glitter' out in the vase on the back porch, and those flowers have continued to mature and produce pollen and turn even bluer, as well as attract an abundance of bees and other pollinators. So I'm glad that even though I cut them, one unforeseen advantage of leaving them out on the porch is that they're still feeding the bugs.

Cathy at Rambling in the Garden hosts In A Vase on Monday. You can check out her post here.