Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day -- July 2018

Once again the fifteenth of the month has rolled around and Garden Bloggers Bloom Day is here. Although I took photos earlier this week knowing it was coming, I needed to be reminded yesterday when I visited Peter The Outlaw Gardener's Open Garden, which is why my post is a bit late in going up. Usually I would have it ready for early morning automatic publication, but not this month.

Anyway, here's a look at some of the flowers in my Zone 7 (Zone 8 according to the USDA although I beg to differ, given my 600 ft. elevation) garden right now. It's been sunny, very dry and hot (in the high 80s and supposed to hit 90 today and tomorrow).

Inula (and bees)

Echinacea purpurea

Himalayan Honeysuckle/Leycesteria formosa

Himalayan Honeysuckle/Leycesteria formosa

Callistemon 'Woodlander's Hardy Red'

Eryngium 'Blue Glitter' and an old Allium seedhead

Lilium

Lilium 'Saltarello'

Lilium 'Royal Sunset'

Hemerocallis

Hemerocallis 'Tiger Kitten'

Crocosmia 'Lucifer'

Sweetpea

Nasturtium 'Orchid Flame'

Nasturtium 'Orchid Flame' is looking very flamey -- showing red edges on the petals in an interesting number of variations on the same plant

Dahlia 'Totally Tangerine'

Calendula 'Solar Flashback'

Carol at May Dreams Gardens hosts Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. Check out her post here.