Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday Vignette

I'm not sure I'd actually call today's photo a vignette, it's more like a Wednesday Vista.

Last weekend, Nigel and I spent the weekend in Portland, having traveled down to attend the Portland Bloggers Plant Exchange on Sunday. We had all day Saturday free, so we booked a morning waterfall tour that took us to several different waterfalls along the Columbia River Gorge. The very first stop on the tour,  however, was at Vista House, where we got a good long look at the gorge from atop a high bluff.



You can read about the Columbia River Gorge here, and about Vista House here.

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.

8 comments:

  1. Vignette or Vista, it's stunning! Sounds like you and Nigel had a great time. Thanks for the links, it's always interesting to learn about cool stuff in our own back yard. So, what did you bring home from the exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, what a great adventure you and Nigel had! I have never attended an exchange, I'm with Peter on this one, what did you bring home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Glad you guys made an adventure out of your trip and didn't just drive down for the day. Thanks again for all the fabulous plants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous gorge! It looks like a painting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a wonderful view, and you hit it on a good day. We often bring out of town guests up there, and we've managed to be there several times when the entire Gorge is shrouded in fog. At that point, they just have to take your word for it. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gorge, and this photo !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so nice to finally meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So that's the gorge I hear about...can't tell if it's a Scottish Loch, Ireland, or the PNW. A must see when I finally return to the PNW.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.