Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wednesday Vignette

I took the photo I'm sharing today for Wednesday Vignette during a recent tour of David Olszyk’s conifer garden in Olympia. There were lots of cool conifers, but what really captured my attention (and never fails to capture my attention) were these wonderful Clematis seedheads (Clematis tibetana, I think).



I just can't resist taking a picture of these whenever I see them. They remind me of Muppets.

Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her current post here.

9 comments:

  1. Looks a bit like my new haircut when Ryan combs it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clematis seed heads are fascinating & I love them too! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muppets! Baa ha ha...SOOO TRUE! I love your analogy and sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, Alison! I almost like the seed heads more than I like the flowers - they are so fun! And photogenic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They remind me of tiny papyrus. Cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo! The lighting emphasizes the beauty of the seedheads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truffula Trees. Yep. Clearly Dr. Seuss got his inspiration for the Lorax from clematis seed heads. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great photo! I really love the clematis seed heads, too.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.