Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Garden Art at the Gig Harbor Garden Tour

The gardens chosen for the Gig Harbor Garden Tour always seem to have a wide array of beautiful, unique, well-placed garden art. I noticed when looking through my photos, I seem to have concentrated this year on taking pictures of the art even more than the gardens. I love garden art, but I don't have the best eye for placing it.



Fish and birds seemed to be a common theme.






































There were a couple of paths and patio surfaces that had pretty embellishments.







I liked these stars embedded in this border.

There were other miscellaneous animals as well.









I liked this ceramic finial, although I think it might have looked better surrounded by foliage.

It looks like the vertical gardening trend is alive and well in Gig Harbor.


Glass in various forms is always popular.



 



And human heads and faces.





I have a concrete leaf similar to this, but not as brightly painted. Maybe I should set it up on an easel, because I like this presentation.


At each of the gardens there are usually several different purveyors of garden art (also several nurseries) set up in driveways and on patios. You can see all the names of the vendors and see some of their work here. Maybe I should have taken photos of each booth, but there was one that really stood out for me.

Life-size horses made of driftwood!


They're the work of Travis Foreman of Foreman's Forest Works, maker of driftwood furniture, birdhouses, landscaping and custom artwork. I don't think he has a website, but you can see his Facebook page here. And he has a Flickr photostream here.

Aren't they the coolest?