Timber Press is having a giveaway for veggie gardeners!
Go to their website and enter your email address and you might win a prize package that includes:
- 35 packets of organic heirloom vegetable seeds from Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply (an $87 value!)
- A bare-root fruit tree, also from Peaceful Valley
- The Beginner's Guide to Growing Heirloom Vegetables
- Fruit Trees in Small Spaces
- The Edible Front Yard
- The Kitchen Gardener's Handbook
- Sugar Snaps and Strawberries
All you need to do is enter is an email address, and then click "I'm ready!" The contest ends March 23! I entered my address, even though I haven't sowed a single edible seed yet. I'm having a slow start to my edible growing season so far. I don't know why but I just can't seem to work up any enthusiasm for it. Despite the fact that I need to increase my consumption of vegetables.
I've been thinking of joining a CSA this year, instead of trying to grow my own veggies. Our last summer in Massachusetts, we were in a CSA, which we shared with a neighbor, and we got a ton of wonderful, healthy vegetables.
On the other hand, maybe if I win the Timber Press promotion, it'll kick-start my veggie-growing.