Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wednesday Vignette

My WV photo today is from a summer visit to the garden of George Shriver and Omar Watson, an NPA Open Garden. I have no clue what this seedpod is from, but the toothed edges remind me of Cardiocrinum. I doubt that's it, though, since it was so short. I've been poring over many of my summer photos from all the fantastic gardens I visited this year, and thinking about the fact that Labor Day is past, summer is nearly over, full-blown autumn rains will be here soon, and many of my flowers such as Echinacea will be nothing but seedheads soon, left to provide the proverbial winter interest and to feed the birds.

Time just keeps passing.



Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette, you can check out her post here.