Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Wednesday Vignette

Sometimes color coordination really is a happy coincidence. After seeing these flamingos featured on my blogging buddy Peter The Outlaw Gardener's blog, I popped down to Watson's to buy one. When I got home, I took it out of the car right away and plopped it into this front foundation bed before this 'Magic Carpet' Spirea had even started to leaf out. Perhaps somewhere in the back of my dust-filled mind I knew this would create a sweet color match...

Nah. But it sure turned out great!


Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here, and all the links to other participating blogs.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet! The pearls add a touch of class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could there be any dust in your mind with all of the rain we've been having? Accidental or not, the result is faboo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and happy serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, and the flamingo has Mardi Gras beads too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, give yourself some credit. Of course you KNEW! Nice color echo. I love that plant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good one. The bird is admiring the foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need to get myself one of those birds... So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the flamingo looks very much at home in its new place.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.