Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Procrastination

I've been taking pictures with all good intentions of keeping up my blogging, but every time I sit down to blog I put it off for a mythical "better time."

After I planted all the stuff in my previous post, I took some pictures.

Here's the front foundation bed. Along with the plants from Santa Rosa are a handful of black mondo grass offsets, culled from the rental house (Shh -- don't tell anyone!)  Let's see if I can remember what I planted here.
Salvia Purple Knockout
Sedum sieboldii
Sedum Fireglow
Sempervivum (aka Hens & Chicks)
Hibiscus moscheutos Luna Pink Swirl
Phlox subulata Scarlet Flame



Also in this bed I planted a red grass that is hardy only to Zone 8. Our new house is in Zone 7 because it's up on a ridge, surrounded by lowlands that are Zone 8. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. The grass is called Pennisetum setaceum rubrum Fireworks. It's planted with a green and white grass and a hardy Geranium. I got both at a plant swap this spring, so of course I have no idea of their names.


Also in this bed at the back: Pennisetum Karley Rose and Crocosmia Lucifer.