Saturday, September 5, 2009

Getting Started

Well, enough procrastination. This blog is really just for me, to keep a record of my new garden at our new house in Washington state. We passed papers a couple of weeks ago. Here's our new house.



I have all kinds of ideas for what I want to do with the back yard. It's going to need some work. There is one area that is overgrown with blackberries and other weeds, and the previous owners left behind a swing set that has been cemented into the ground. They also used landscape fabric -- Aarrgghh! I'm going to have to tear all that out. It doesn't really work at suppressing weeds, and it prevents compost from doing its thing. And I love compost!
Here's the back yard, from right to left.



  

 
 

1 comment:

  1. alison wow what a beautiful place I can see all the possibilites I miss not being able to work in the yard I loved that time I was one with the earth but not any more. so I'm going to enjoy watching your work as it'll produce beauty I can't wait to see. love cat

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.