Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Monday, January 2, 2017

Nigel Made Me a Thing

For Christmas Nigel got himself a cool new toy, called a desktop CNC (Computer Numeric Control) machine, or desktop mill. It makes stuff by drilling and cutting away from acrylic, wood, or metal, based on a CAD design on the laptop. The first thing he made was something for me -- this little acrylic plaque. Isn't it the sweetest thing?


I put it on a shelf out in the greenhouse, just in case (according to Nigel) I forget who I am while I'm out there.

Now I'm on the hunt for free clip art that can be adapted to be used with this neat new device.

11 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! Hope you have s safe, happy, and healthy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? Both pretty and useful. Who doesn't sometimes forget who they are in the greenhouse? Looking forward to seeing more of Nigel's creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! That sounds like a really fun tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy...that would be a very fun tool to have at one's disposal. I see a lot of creating in your and Nigel's future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy, time to get him to make labels on sticks for all the stuff in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than to start the new year with a new toy and unleash that creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool. Now I want to see this new machine in action.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Nigel and lovely plaque!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.