Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

My Wednesday Vignette is a shot I took recently while wandering the garden looking for shots of berries to share for my post last week on Thanksgiving. I noticed this strange fungus that I hadn't seen before, in an area of the garden where I haven't worked in a while. I don't know what kind of fungus it is, and it looks like it's been there a while, so it may not look like this when it first comes out of the ground. But to me it looks like...a zombie penis. Actually, it looks like two zombie penises, side by side. So I'm calling it zombie penis fungus.

Zombie penis fungus

Did I have a zombie or two wandering my garden recently? Did this fall off?

Anna at Flutter & Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. Check out her post here.

10 comments:

  1. Ha, thank you for my first guffaw of the day! You're right, it does resemble Zombie 'junk'. I wonder what the Latin name is for Zombie Penis Fungus? Seriously, some of the fungi that sprout up around here are so bizarre I don't even know if I should go near them...but you have definitely beat me out with this pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Thanks for the laugh. What did the zombie say to the lady of the evening? You can keep the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the martian penis fungus and you've got the zombie penis version. Aren't we the lucky ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Alison - that is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! It reminded me on when my youngest was researching Echidnas for a school project. Those poor things have FOUR penises! Staggering to think about - how does a creature even manage that many??? I mean, imagine them all pointing in different directions.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch out - the zombie may come back looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I think you've called it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I'll never be able to look at this fungus the same way again. For what it's worth, they're usually called elfin saddles, but I think I like your name better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious post! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! They do look like zombie weiners! I hope they don't show up here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not just a fungi, a fun(walkingdead)gi!

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.