Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wednesday Vignette

It's spider season in my garden, which is appropriate for October, leading up to Halloween. Right now I have at least 6 or 7, maybe more, cross spiders (Aranaeus diadematus) making their autumn homes in my garden. This one built her circular web across several plants in the bottle tree bed, and a few weeks ago, when I went out to do a walk-around, I noticed the morning sun backlighting it. There were at least 3 others in the bed as well.

If you're interested in learning more about the cross spider, I wrote a post about them a few years ago, which you can read here.


Anna at Flutter and Hum hosts Wednesday Vignette. You can read her current post here.

8 comments:

  1. I'm always happy when I see a spider web - before I walk into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the webs this time of year. Less so walking into them. They're especially beautiful in the mornings, covered in dew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spider webs are marvelous constructs - I feel terrible when I barge through one like the big, dumb human I am. I like how the bottles glow blue in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful web, against the blue smears of bottle glass in the distance. The spiders here are not so meticulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious! Did you make the spider cross by photographing it or was it something you said? I've heard that it's not a good idea to piss them off:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shot of a creepy-looking friend to the garden. Love those blue bottles.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.