Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

After the Frost

No, I'm not going to show you pictures of all my mushy plants. In fact, no photos of plants at all.

This morning when I got up and took a look outside I couldn't help noticing that my little water feature in the Folly, the creation of talented artist Barbara Sanderson of Glass Gardens Northwest, was still running, but the rocks at the base were encased in ice. I've been meaning to turn it off just long enough to clean all the leaves out of it, but haven't done that yet, due to laziness and a lack of enthusiasm. The result was a fascinatingly knobby layer of ice.








These photos were taken this afternoon, with temperatures now above freezing. It looks like we're going to be stuck in this cold weather till next Monday, so it'll be this way for a while. Does anyone want a Scotch on the rocks?