Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

One Last Blast

All four of my Brugmansias are flowering at the same time right now. Yesterday evening when I got home from picking Nigel up at the train station, the driveway smelled like heaven, as well it should, given the common name of these plants -- Angel's Trumpet. They've each flowered off and on over the summer, but never profusely, and not all of them all at once.









It's going to be October in one more week (how did that happen?), and chances are good that we'll have our first frost some time that month. So pretty soon I'm going to have to evict my tomatoes from the greenhouse and move these big babies in. But until then, I'm going to enjoy them outside as long as possible.