Don't be fooled. Inside this thin coating of sweetness is a fiery core of total insanity.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Frost!

We had a hard frost last night, enough to turn the ground hard and crunchy under my feet. So what's the first thing I did? Grabbed my camera (oh wait, I did get dressed first, although I was sorely tempted to just throw my winter coat on over my nightgown and pretend I was wearing a dress), and trotted out there to take some pictures. I really wanted a frost this past December, when I was working on the December Photo Project. We got snow, but not frost, which is almost as good for picture-taking.

Now the sun is out, and the frost is gone. It's so ephemeral. Hope you enjoy the photos and aren't too bored if they all start to look the same.













5 comments:

  1. You captured some great shots Alison! I thought about grabbing the camera and heading out this morning too, but all I saw were sad deflated leaves no beautiful frost like you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frost pictures are gorgeous! It got below freezig here last night as standing water had a thin film on ice on top but there was no frost except on roofs and the tops of cars. Maybe not enough moisture in the air? The banana leaves look like they all got nipped this time so my dream of having them stay green all year is dashed but this is the latest final curtain (of the season) for them in the 15 years we've had them.

    Say, this blue sky and sun thing is pretty spectacular isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pictures! So glad you took them! It was chilly here but not pretty frost like you had! I even got up early just in case to snap pics, alas not even a showy sunrise, but it's clear and rain free! Happy New Year! Cheers, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! We'd had some freezes...but none of the picturesque frost, sadly :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ephemeral is the word, and it can lead us into the temptation to go picture-taking in our pj's. I saw the sun glinting off the Northern Sea Oats just so yesterday morning, and by the time I had thrown on some clothes the moment had passed. I was fully clothed and ready this morning, but that magic moment failed to reoccur. I now give myself permission to go out there in any old state of disarray. The neighbors will just have to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete

Gardening is a solitary activity. But blogging about it is a social phenomenon! I don't make money from my blog by advertising, or use it to drive customers to a business. If you liked my post, or my writing or photography, or even just one picture or turn of phrase, I'd love to hear from you. That's how I get paid.